At its MWC 2018 keynote today, Nokia again plays the retro trump card, this time with the Nokia 8110 Reloaded. Yes, the famous banana slider phone from The Matrix movie franchise, starring Keanu Reeves. Now with 4G LTE.
You may remember the 3310 making a return last year, and what a throwback that was. The feature phone was a big hit for HMD Global, the new owners of the brand, despite being a 2G only device at launch.
HMD Global hopes for another hit with the 8110, and it made sure that the device isn’t just throwback souvenir.
Unlike the 3310, the 8110 boasts 4G connectivity as well as built-in Google Assistant, Maps, Search, Facebook, Twitter, and… Snake.
The 8110 comes in Banana Yellow and Black options, and battery life that’s synonymous with feature phones: 17 days with nine days of talktime.
Specs at a glance:
- 2G: 900/1800, 3G: WB-CDMA 1/5/8/39, 4G: FDD-LTE 1/3/5/7/8/20, TDD-LTE 39/40/41/(38)
- Smart Feature OS
- Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform (MSM8905 Dual Core 1.1 GHz)
- 512MB LPDDR3 RAM
- 4GB eMMC internal storage
- 4-inch QVGA display, curved display
- Camera: 2MP rear camera
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, BT 4.1, GPS/AGPS, micro USB 2.0, 3.5mm AV jack
- 1500mAh battery
- FM radio
- Micro SIM slot
The Nokia 8110 ships in May and costs EU79/MYR381.
For more MWC 2018 news, hit this link.
Show Comments (0)