As you may be aware, Apple recently announced a battery replacement program for the iPhone 6 and later models, offered at a heavily discounted price. The program covers iPhone 6 or later models, available globally starting December 2017 through to December 2018.
The move is on the back of Apple’s admission to deliberately throttling processor speeds on iPhones with old or degraded batteries to preserve battery life and reduce unexpected shutdowns.
To address customers’ concerns, Apple has reduced the price of out-of-warranty iPhone battery replacement by USD50, down from USD79 to USD29.
In Malaysia, the official pricing of the iPhone battery replacement is MYR129, cut from MYR369.
On that note, Apple Premium Reseller Machines has released details of the battery replacement program and how to go about getting your iPhone fixed.
Machines has previously listed MYR399 for an out-of-warranty battery replacement, but now offers it for MYR129 which is inclusive of labour charge and GST.
Here’s how to get your iPhone battery replaced
- Make sure all data is backed-up (the Service Center do not provide data back-up service, all data will be erased once the unit is surrendered)
- Disable Find My iPhone (FMiP) feature from the unit.
- The program will replace only the battery.
- Estimation whole process is 5-7 working days (excluding weekends and public holiday).
- No loaner/temporary unit will be provided.
- Accessories such as screen protector/tempered glass is not covered and consider loss once the unit is surrendered.
- Head over to one of the Machines Service outlets located at its Northpoint office, Suria KLCC and The Curve.
You can also make an appointment online via Apple Support.
For additional assistance, you can call Machines Support Hotline at 603-92122606 (Monday – Friday, 9AM – 6PM), or the Apple Toll Free Help Line at 1800-80-3638.
Show Comments (0)