Achtung! According to a source, the full line up of Apple iPad mini including full price list has been leaked. An inventory screen capture used by Media Market/Saturn, a retail group that operates in 18 European and Asian markets reportedly shows eight different iPad mini configurations in two colour options (black/white) as well as WiFi only and WiFi/3G options.
[ad#Google Adsense 336×280]
Previously, analysts have predicted pricing for the base model to be circa $250-$300 and this is pretty close. Sub-$300 would be an ideal price point that goes head on with the 8GB Google Nexus 7 ($199 / RM999). The 8GB Amazon Kindle Fire sells for $159 (RM519).
Higher up the range, a fair comparison spec-for-spec would be the $467 16GB iPad mini against the 16GB Google Nexus 7 and 16GB Amazon Kindle Fire HD, both selling at $249. Apple has always enjoyed premium pricing for its products although the iPad and iPhone are testaments that it can play price aggressor, especially with market dominance.
Do note that the Nexus 7 nor the Kindle Fire (HD) do not come with cellular capabilities.
Reported full line-up and estimated pricing for the iPad mini:
- iPad mini (Wi-Fi, 8GB, Black/White)- €249 (approx. $333 / RM986)
- iPad mini (Wi-Fi, 16GB, Black/White)- €349 (approx. $467 / RM1382)
- iPad mini (Wi-Fi, 32GB, Black/White)- €449 (approx. $600 / RM1778)
- iPad mini (Wi-Fi, 64GB, Black/White)- €549 (approx. $734 / RM2174)
- iPad mini (Cellular, 8GB, Black/White)- €349 (approx. $467 / RM1382)
- iPad mini (Cellular, 16GB, Black/White)- €449 (approx. $600 /M1778)
- iPad mini (Cellular, 32GB, Black/White)- €549 (approx. $734 / RM2174)
- iPad mini (Cellular, 64GB, Black/White)- €649 (approx. $868 / RM2569)
The 7.85-inch iPad mini is set for an October 23 launch. It is likely to be powered by the Apple A5X processor and features a 1024 x 768 pixel, non-Retina Display.
What do you think of the iPad mini and the leaked pricing?