Epic Game’s Fortnite: Battle Royale “epic game” is huge. It has raked in USD1 billion for the games developer since its release in October 2017. The key to its success is its incredible accessibility, being available on PC, Mac, iOS, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. And after months of wait, it’s available for Android.
As you may know, Fortnite for Android (Beta) was announced during the Samsung Galaxy Note9 launch in New York. In an exclusive partnership with Samsung, Epic Games made the game exclusive to the Galaxy Note9 and Galaxy devices for a couple of days.
That’s not all, Galaxy Note9 and Galaxy Tab S4 users get a Fortnite Galaxy outfit in-game.
Now that the exclusivity is over, fans of the game on Android devices can now download and play, too. Not all devices support the game of course, due to hardware requirements and such, but the list of supported devices include most if not all flagships and mid-range devices.
What’s unique about Fortnite is that it isn’t made available via the Google Play Store. Instead, you’ll need to download it directly through the Epic Games website.
Since its in its beta period currently, you’ll need to sign up for an email invite for a chance to download and play.
If you’re on a supported Galaxy device, you can find it via the Samsung Game Launcher.
The decision of the games developer to not release the game through Google Play is a protest against the percentage of sales Google takes for apps in the app store.
Security experts, though, have warned that players risk security threats when searching for download links for the game online.
Here’s a list of supported Android devices (so far):
- Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge , S8 / S8+, S9 / S9+, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Essential: PH-1
- Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30+
- Nokia: 8
- OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6
- Razer: Phone
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6 / 6 Plus, Mi 8 / 8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
Some phones are unsupported but Epic Games are working on a fix:
- HTC: 10, U Ultra, U11 / U11+, U12+
- Lenovo: Moto Z / Z Droid, Moto Z2 Force
- Sony: Xperia: XZ/ XZs, XZ1, XZ2
In general, if you have the following specs below, your device should be able to install and play the game:
- OS: 64 bit Android, 5.0 or higher
- RAM: 3GB or higher
- GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher
For everything Galaxy Note9, head over to this page.
Source: Epic Games
Show Comments (0)