Apple has released an incremental update to Mountain Lion – v10.8.1 over Software Update for all Macs. The release includes general OS fixes that improves stability and compatibility for Macs. According to tests by Ars Technica, it also significantly improves battery life on Mac laptops.
[ad#Google Adsense 336×280]
The update resolves issues with Migration Assistant, iMessages, SMB, Safari and also improves compatibility when connecting to Microsoft Exchange server in Mail.
Full update details below:
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials.