Apple has finally released the completely re-designed, overhauled iTunes 11 after a delay of over a month. iTunes 11 features a dramatically simplified user interface, a redesigned mini player and a new look iTunes Store. On first impression, it looks and feels great.
iTunes 11 features much improved integration with iCloud and users are now able to do Wi-Fi syncing. Content can be downloaded wirelessly then synced to iCloud.
iTunes 11 is available for OS X users via Software Update (in the Mac App Store app on Mountain Lion) as well as a separate 191MB download. For full information about the update, read http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1614. iTunes 11 is also available for Windows and Windows 64-bit.
Here’s a round-up of all the new features and tweaks of iTunes 11:
- Completely Redesigned. iTunes makes it more fun to explore and enjoy your music, movies, and TV shows. You’ll love the beautiful edge-to-edge design, custom designs for each album, movie, or TV show in your library, and getting personal recommendations any time you click In the Store.
- A New Store. The iTunes Store has been completely redesigned and now features a clean look that makes it simpler than ever to see what’s hot and discover new favorites.
- Play purchases from iCloud. Your music, movie, and TV show purchases in iCloud now appear inside your library. Just sign-in with your Apple ID to see them. Double-click to play them directly from iCloud or download a copy you can sync to a device or play while offline.
- Up Next. It’s now simple to see which songs are playing next, all from a single place. Just click the Up Next icon in the center display and they’ll instantly appear. You can even reorder, add, or skip songs whenever you like.
- New MiniPlayer. You can now do a whole lot more with a lot less space. In addition to showing what’s playing, MiniPlayer
- Improved search. It’s never been easier to find what you’re looking for in iTunes. Just type in the search field and you’ll instantly see results from across your entire library. Select any result and iTunes takes you right to it.
- Playback syncing. iCloud now remembers your place in a movie or TV show for you. Whenever you play the same movie or episode from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV, it will continue right where you left off.
Apple has also updated the Apple TV‘s software (build number 10A831) and Remote app for iOS, adding support for iTunes 11, with tweaks and iCloud support.
[ad#Google Adsense 336×280]