Apple released a Mac OS X v10.6.5 update recently for all Snow Leopard users. Contains mostly bug fixes, including performance, reliability and stability issues, as well as patching of security flaws. As usual, I prefer to install the Combo update as opposed to just patch over an existing running version via Software Update. Having run it for over 24 hours, no notable difference except some speed enhancements overall. No WiFi issues as reported by some. Pretty solid update, now can you please release Lion v10.7, pretty please, Apple?
Overview of fixes and improvements
- improve reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers
- address performance of some image-processing operations in iPhoto and Aperture
- address stability and performance of graphics applications and games
- resolve a delay between print jobs
- address a printing issue for some HP printers connected to an AirPort Extreme
- resolve an issue when dragging contacts from Address Book to iCal
- address an issue where dragging an item from a stack causes the Dock to not automatically hide
- resolve an issue with Wikipedia information not displaying correctly in Dictionary
- improve performance of MainStage on certain Mac systems
- resolve spacing issues with OpenType fonts
- improve reliability with some Bluetooth braille displays
- resolve a VoiceOver issue when browsing some web sites with Safari 5
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4250.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.