Apple released GM seeds of iOS 13.4, iPadOS 13.4, and watchOS 6.2 to developers on Wednesday, 18 March. The latest release includes new features like advance mouse support for iPad, iCloud Drive folder sharing, several new Memoji stickers, and more. The company also seeded GM versions of macOS Catalina 10.15 beta 6 and tvOS 13.4.
With the new iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 seeds, the iPad gains advanced mouse support including for Magic Mouse, Magic Mouse 2, Magic Trackpad, Magic Trackpad 2, and third party Bluetooth and USB mice. The feature was introduced on the new iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard. Trackpad support for iPad also becomes a system-level feature. The update introduces an all-new cursor design that highlights app icons on the Home Screen and Dock, as well as buttons and controls in apps.
Next, the Mail app’s toolbar design reverts to the original one introduced in iOS 13. Controls like delete, move, reply to, or compose a message are now always visible in conversation view.
ICloud Drive supports folder sharing, allowing you to share a folder once, and the person(s) you share to will see the contents of that folder as it changes.
Apple has added several new Memoji stickers including smiley with hearts, party, and hands clasped together.
IOS 13.4 also brings a slew of bug fixes and enhancements. Full list of changes below:
Mouse and Trackpad Support
- All-new cursor design highlights app icons on the Home Screen and Dock and buttons and controls in apps
- Magic Keyboard for iPad support on iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later) and iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation or later)
- Magic Mouse, Magic Mouse 2, Magic Trackpad, Magic Trackpad 2, and third-party Bluetooth and USB mouse support
- Multi-Touch gestures on Magic Keyboard for iPad and Magic Trackpad 2 enable you to scroll, swipe between app spaces, go Home, access App Switcher, zoom in or out, tap to click, secondary click (right-click), and swipe between pages
- Multi-Touch gestures on Magic Mouse 2 enable you to scroll, secondary click (right-click), and swipe between pages
- iCloud Drive folder sharing from the Files app
- Controls to limit access only to people you explicitly invite or grant access to anyone with the folder link
- Permissions to choose who can make changes and upload files and who can only view and download files
- Nine new Memoji stickers, including Smiling Face with Hearts, Hands Pressed Together, and Party Face
- Always-visible controls to delete, move, reply to, or compose a message in conversation view
- Responses to encrypted emails are automatically encrypted when you have configured S/MIME
App Store with Apple Arcade
- Universal Purchase support enables the use of a singular purchase of a participating app across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- Recently played Arcade games appear in the Arcade tab so you can continue playing on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- List view for See All Games
- AR Quick Look supports audio playback in USDZ files
- Live Conversion for Zhuyin automatically transforms Zhuyin into the correct characters without pressing the space bar to convert text or select candidates
- Live Conversion for Japanese automatically transforms Hiragana into the correct characters without pressing the space bar to convert text or select candidates
- Predictive typing support for Arabic
- Swiss German keyboard layout supported on iPad Pro 12.9-inch
- On-screen keyboard layout for iPad Pro 12.9-inch now matches Smart Keyboard
Bug fixes and other improvements
- Fixes an issue in Camera where the viewfinder may appear as a black screen after launch
- Addresses an issue where Photos may appear to use excess storage
- Resolves an issue in Photos that may prevent sharing an image to Messages if iMessage is disabled
- Fixes an issue in Mail where messages may appear out of order
- Addresses an issue in Mail where the conversation list may display empty rows
- Resolves an issue where Mail may crash when tapping the Share button in Quick Look
- Fixes an issue in Settings where cellular data may incorrectly display as off
- Addresses an issue in Safari where webpages may not be inverted when both Dark Mode and Smart Invert are active
- Resolves an issue where text copied from web content in a third-party app may appear invisible when pasted if Dark Mode is active
- Fixes an issue in Safari where a CAPTCHA tile may display incorrectly
- Addresses an issue where Reminders may not issue new notifications for an overdue recurring reminder until it is marked as completed
- Resolves an issue where Reminders may send notifications for completed reminders
- Fixes an issue where iCloud Drive appears to be available in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote even when not signed in
- Addresses an issue in Apple Music where music videos may not stream in high quality
- Addresses an issue in the Home app where tapping an activity notification from a security camera may open a different recording
- Resolves an issue where Shortcuts may not appear when tapping on the Share menu from a screenshot
- Improves the Burmese keyboard so punctuation symbols are now accessible from numbers and symbols
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
WatchOS 6.2 includes several new features including in-app purchases for Apple Watch apps. The ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later is now available in Chile, New Zealand, and Turkey. That aside, irregular heart rhythm notifications are also available in these countries.