Best Tech April Fool’s Related News
While I’m not a pranker per se, I have pranked a few in my life time. When I worked for an Apple reseller some years ago, I modified the startup screen of one of my colleague’s Macs. It ran upside down with the loading bar saying “You’ve been hacked. Deleting system files.” LOL. Years later, I pranked a colleague while she was away for lunch. Took a snapshot of her desktop and flipped it upside down. She was baffled when she got back and immediately called me (as I was the de facto tech dude in the office). I couldn’t stop laughing. In separate incidents I got Remote Management installed on all Macs in the office. Cursors mysteriously moved and secret messages were typed on IMs. CD trays opened and closed. Hilarious!
The world of tech isn’t always serious either and have their fair share of pranking. Here are some of the best:
- Best Tech-Related April Fool’s Pranks
- The Telegraph: April Fool’s Jokes from Around the Tech World
- WIRED: Top 10 April Fool’s Pranks for Nerds
- Best Tech-Related April Fool’s Headlines You Won’t See Today
- T3: Best Tech April Fool’s Jokes
Google’s got a great one – Gmail Motion: Watch it!
Have a good one. What’s your best tech prank?
Oh btw, it’s my birthday today!
Latest posts by Vernon Chan (see all)
- Xiaomi: “We do not upload any personal information and data without the permission of users” - July 31, 2014
- Samsung GALAXY Grand 2 goes gold - July 31, 2014
- No more mad rush. Pre-order the Xiaomi Mi 3 at 12pm tomorrow - July 30, 2014