Admit it. Everyone’s a kid at heart. I know I am. And LEGO has been very much part of our childhood (and for some, adulthood too!), one can’t imagine life without it. With the new exclusive LEGO range, we can relive our childhood once again!
In a historic collaboration between Ferrari and the LEGO group, Shell has launched a limited edition, buildable, collectible range of Ferrari models made from LEGO bricks. Malaysia is one of the first countries in the world to see the introduction of these exclusive models.
The six LEGO models are based on some of the most iconic vehicles in Ferrari’s motoring history. The unique fusion of three most recognised global brands celebrates over 60 years of passion for performance between Shell and Ferrari.
Shell-Ferrari: The winning combination
Shell has always been synonymous with motorsports and its long-standing technical partnership with Ferrari has powered 12 World Championship Drivers’ titles and 10 Formula One World Constructors’ Championship titles.
Shell’s relationship with Enzo Ferrari dates back to the late 1920s, when Shell supported Enzo Ferrari as a racing driver. Enzo Ferrari’s confidence in Shell and its products over many years saw the relationship evolve to become one of the most respected in motorsport history.
When the very first Ferrari drove out of the factory gates at Maranello, Italy, it was powered and protected by Shell fuel, lubricants and motor oils. Today, every Ferrari that leaves the production line at Maranello is fuelled by Shell V-Power, and lubricated by Shell Helix Ultra; the only fuel and lubricant recommended by Ferrari.
Tiny but mighty
Some cool facts about the LEGO models. Shell and LEGO Group worked closely together on the development of the mini pull-back motor for over 18 months. This is the first time in the history of the Danish toy company that any vehicle of this size have powered wheels.
The motor is capable of performing a minimum of 300 pulls, propelling a 30g vehicle a minimum of 2 metres. Impressive!
The accomplishment embodies the spirit of technological innovation and performance, that is the essence of Shell V-Power fuels.
Gentlemen (and ladies!), start your engines
The exclusive LEGO models included in the promotion (from left to right) are the Scuderia Ferrari Truck, Ferrari F40, Ferrari F150° Italia, Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari FXX and Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta.
- Ferrari F150° Italia – A LEGO Group reproduction of the race winning 2011 F1 car includes the options to change the livery to that of either Felipe Massa or Fernando Alonso
- Scuderia Ferrari Truck – The familiar transport truck is a key part of the Ferrari motor racing team and brings another dimension to the exclusive model collection. The LEGO version of the cab has been carefully designed to include realistic details on the lights, radiator and front grilles
- Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto (SWB) – A real legend of the motoring world; not only one of the most beautiful vehicles ever created, but also the first Ferrari road car to use disc brakes. Its distinctive round headlights work seamlessly in LEGO bricks, mirroring the beauty of the original
- Ferrari F40 – One of the most recognisable sports cars of all time. Its classic aerodynamic form and distinctive square rear spoiler are both instantly identifiable and are translated perfectly with LEGO bricks
- Ferrari FXX – The latest high-performance racing evolution of the Ferrari Enzo, one of the most powerful cars in the world. The LEGO version comes in black livery and reflects much of the Ferrari FXX’s sleek styling
- Ferrari 458 Italia – Arguably the most iconic car in the current Ferrari range, making it a natural choice to be part of this promotion. The LEGO Group have pulled out all the stops to reproduce its signature details from a triple exhaust to multi-LED front lights to create an authentic and exciting toy
View the Gallery:
My favourite and the first that I assembled was the F40. Yums! Which is your favourite?
Ready, set, go!
Shell is offering the unique LEGO car models and LEGO mini figurines at all Shell stations nationwide. Here’s how to start collecting:
- Visit your nearest Shell station and purchase 1 LEGO® car model for RM12.90 each* OR;
- Purchase RM40 worth of Shell V-Power Racing or Shell V-Power 97 and Buy up to 3 LEGO® car models OR LEGO® Minifigures set at RM10.90 each** OR;
- Purchase per pack of Helix Ultra/HX7/HX7E/HX7 Diesel (4L) and Get 1 FREE LEGO® Minifigures set AND buy up to 3 LEGO® car models at RM12.90 each***
* Limited to 1 LEGO® car model per customer per transaction
** Limited to 3 LEGO® car models OR LEGO® Minifigures set per customer per transaction
*** Limited to 3 LEGO® car models per customer per transaction
Do remember to swipe your Bonuslink card as well! Promotion is valid from 8 Nov 2012 to 3 Feb 2013.
Visit www.shell.com.my/LEGO for more details.
Come and see your favourite miniature come to life at the Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall (Blue Concourse, LG2) on 24 November at 11:00am.
Show Comments (1)