With the interstate travel ban lifted under the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO), Malaysians are now travelling again. GoCar Malaysia welcomes the return of domestic travellers as it rolls out an industry-first new feature to enhance customer convenience and help Malaysians save more.
Free Floating, a feature GoCar introduced as a beta in May, provides you the flexibility to drive one-way without pre-selecting a location and time to return the car. This means you can pick up a car from Location X and drop it off at any of GoCar’s designated locations when you’re done.
The new feature has proven popular, with an 800 per cent growth in bookings in the past month.
What’s great is that GoCar has also introduced a pay-per-minute payment option using its GoPocket points. Hence, you’re not tied to hourly slots and not paying for what you’re not using. Note that the feature requires you to have a minimum of 5,000 GoPocket points (MYR50) in your account before making a booking. Only Nissan Almera is available for the feature, currently.
Free Floating is available for intracity and interstate drop-off at over 100 locations across six states—Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Perak, Johor, and Negeri Sembilan. It complements the current Round Trip feature.
This is how Free Floating works:
- Launch the GoCar Malaysia app and switch to the Free Floating map view
- Select the nearest pick-up location to book a car
- A base rate of MYR0.99 (99 GoPocket points) and minute rate of MYR0.17 (17 GoPocket points) will be charged after confirming your trip within the 10-minute grace period
- Subsequently, charges start from MYR0.17 per minute
- To return the car, select an available drop-off location in the app to reserve the spot for up to 45 minutes
- Drive to the selected drop-off location and end your trip in the GoCar app
The feature is included in the GoCar Malaysia app version 4.0.14 onwards on iOS and Android devices.
According to Alan Cheah, CEO of GoCar Malaysia, Free Floating is the first of a series of new products to launch in the upcoming months.
In early August, the company is expected to roll out the beta version of GoDriver—it allows users a stress-free travel option to book a personal driver with a car, at affordable rates. Rates start from MYR179 for four hours minimum around the Klang Valley, with a MYR50 surcharge to travel to other states.
Coming soon is also GoValet, a door-to-door car delivery service.
GoCar, established in 2015, is present at over 400 locations in 72 cities across seven states in Malaysia. GoCars are located at major airports (KLIA, KLIA2, Penang International Airport, Senai International Airport, Ipoh Airport), Shell petrol stations, LRT stations, KTM stations, hotels, shopping malls, condominiums, and more.
- Looking for a UPS? Here is all you need to know
- Huawei Vision Smart Screen TV coming to Malaysia soon?
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Malaysia: Top of the class
- Take note, Yoodo upcoming system upgrade
- Garmin Fenix 6 trade-in promo: Up to MYR610 rebate