XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a game that most gamers find as one of hardest games to play. But guess what? It’s just gotten harder.
A new DLC (Downloadable Content) called Second Wave is now available, where it is absolutely FREE. The Second Wave is a DLC made by the studio – Firaxis Game and its famous lead designer, Jake Solomon, who is responsible for the game and its paid DLC, Slingshot.
The Second Wave DLC was created to pit gamers to play longer on the XCOM: Enemy Unknown and was also said to be able to balance some part of the gameplay, especially aliens’ weapon damage.
Here is the list on what is available on Second Wave DLC as options:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
There are also four options which is unlocked when you compete with ‘Impossible’ difficulty with the Second Wave DLC:
- War Weariness: Funding goes down over time.
- E-115: Elerium degrades over time.
- Total Loss: Lose all soldier gear upon death.
- Alternate Sources: The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically.
So, think you are the best tactician or commander in the field? Why not download it and try it out? Tell us about it when you are done or while playing it. We would like to hear how it worked out.
Download it here: Second Wave DLC
P/S: The game just got harder? OMG… and I am not even done on Easy mode yet. ~ Moses