Awards, recognition, the winners list. The annual Oscar of the video games world – Video Game Awards (VGA) 2012 is back and here’s the full winners’ list here.
Video Game Awards (VGA) 2012, celebrating their tenth anniversary on Spike TV, had actor Samuel L. Jackson as the host. The VGA 2012 awards saw a tight race between several games in different genres and some surprising results as well. Not to mention new trailers, spoilers and teasers of upcoming and anticipated games for 2013 and 2014.
Now, let’s get down to the list of winners:
- Game of the Year: The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)
- Studio of the Year: Telltale Games
- Best XBOX 360 Game: Halo 4 (Microsoft Studios/343 Industries)
- Best PS3 Game: Journey (Sony Computer Entertainment/thatgamecompany)
- Best Wii / Wii-U Game: New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
- Best PC Game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2K Games/Firaxis Games)
- Best Handheld / Mobile Game: Sound Shapes (Sony Computer Entertainment/Queasy Games)
- Best Shooter: Borderlands 2 (2K Games/Gearbox Software)
- Best Action Adventure GameB: Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks/Arkane Studios)
- Best RPG: Mass Effect 3 (Electronic Arts/BioWare)
- Best Multi-Player Game: Borderlands 2 (2K Games/Gearbox Software)
- Best Individual Sports Game: SSX (Electronic Arts/EA Canada)
- Best Team Sports Game: NBA 2K13 (2K Sports/Visual Concepts)
- Best Driving Game: Need For Speed Most Wanted (Electronic Arts/Criterion Games)
- Best Fighting Game: Persona 4 Arena (Atlus/ARC System Works/Atlus)
- Best Adapted Video Game: The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)
- Best Independent Game: Journey (thatgamecompany)
- Best Graphics: Halo 4 (Microsoft Studios/343 Industries)
- Best Song in a Game: “Cities” by Beck (Sound Shapes)
- Best Original Score: Journey (Sony Computer Entertainment/thatgamecompany)
- Best Performance By a Human Male: Dameon Clarke as Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2)
- Best Performance By a Human Female: Melissa Hutchison as Clementine (The Walking Dead: The Game)
- Best Downloadable Game: The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)
- Best Social Game: You Don’t Know Jack (Jellyvision Games)
- Best DLC: Dawnguard – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks/Bethesda Game Studios)
- Most Anticipated Game: Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)
Nominees for the awards show were determined by the VGA Advisory Council, made up game journalists from: Entertainment Weekly, Game Informer, Joystiq, Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, GameTrailers, Gamespot, Wired.com, USA Today and The Associated Press.
Guess what? Claptrap the annoying robot in Borderlands 2 won Best Video Game Character! Well, how about that?
So, what do you think about the winner’s list? Controversial or really deserving winners? Post your thoughts in the comments section below.
P/S: Wonder where was Assassin’s Creed 3 and Call of Duty:Black Ops 2? ~Moses