Introducing the ASUS-built Google Nexus 7, Google’s first ever 7-inch tablet that runs on Android 4.1 Jellybean. The Nexus 7 is powered by a 1Ghz NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor with a 12-core GPU. It was officially launched in Malaysia on September 21, 2012. We’ve just gotten our hands on both the 8GB and 16GB versions. Expect a honest, definitive review from us very soon.
For just a relatively inexpensive price of RM999 (although it really should be cheaper, considering the US-based price point) and pretty impressive spec list, the Nexus 7 may just be the best 7-inch tablet for you. Stay tuned.
Specs at a glance:
- OS: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Processor: 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core
- GPU: GeForce 12-core, 3D stereo (built-in)
- RAM: 1GB DDR3
- Storage: 16GB
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi direct
- Display: 7″WXGA (1280 x 800) LED Backlight IPS Panel, TEN finger Multi-touch, 400 nits, Corning Glass
- Dimension: 198.5 x 120 x 10.45mm
- Weight: 340g
- Color: Brown (Looks Black to me)
- Camera: Front (1.2MP) Rear (None)
- Interface: Headset Jack, Micro-USB, 2x Digital Microphone, 2x High Quality Speakers, 1x Docking PIN.
- Battery: 9.5 hours, 4325mAh, 16Wh Li-Polymer
- Sensor: G-Sensor, Light Sensor, Gyroscope, E-Compass, GPS, NFC, Hall Sensor.