Kuala Lumpur, 11 October 2012 – As part of the Smart Sourcing Summit 2012 and marking the end of the National ICT Month, Outsourcing Malaysia held the OM Excellence Awards & Dinner event at the Royale Chulan Hotel, Kuala Lumpur recently. The prestigious OM Excellence Awards was placed to recognise the best practices of Malaysian companies that have excelled in driving their company’s business value and enchanting Malaysia’s position in the global sourcing market.
The awards is aligned with International Association of Outsourcing Professional’s (IAOP) global bench. These global standards are recognised throughout the industry and used globally to showcase best practices and value creation in the sourcing space. The awards also paves a way for Malaysian organisations in the sourcing industry to gain global visibility and reputation within the market and sourcing community.
The award categories, descriptions and respective winners are as follows:-
- BPO Engagement of the Year – Awarded to the BPO Service provider for one client engagement that addresses all global standards of delivery excellence and value creation (spanning any business function, both voice and non-voice included across any sector). Winner: VADS Berhad
- ITO Engagement of the Year – Awarded to the IT services provider for one client engagement that addresses all global standards of delivery excellence and value creation (spanning infrastructure services, apps, enterprise systems, services, maintenance, development, vertical solutions et al). Winner: Atos Services Sdn Bhd
- DC Engagement of the Year – Awarded to the IT services provider for one client engagement that addresses all global standards of delivery excellence specific to provisioning of technology infrastructure management services while leveraging data centers (including utility computing, cloud-based provisioning, big data and generic managed services). Winner: Free Net Business Solutions Sdn Bhd
- Shared Service Center of the Year – Awarded to the organization that provides a range of IT and Business Process services for its group companies, both horizontal and vertical within the aegis of a shared services/ captive business model. Winner: HSBC Electronic Data Processing (MALAYSIA) Sdn Bhd
- Outsourcing Service Provider of the Year – Awarded to the service provider (regardless of ITO or BPO focused company) for their overall competencies with client acquisition, solution selling/ crafting, delivery structuring, price and value entrenchment, governance and enhancing relationships with all clients, reflecting upon a mature vendor entity. Winner: VADS Berhad
The Smart Sourcing Summit and the Outsourcing Malaysia Excellence Awards 2012 also marks the conclusion of the National ICT Month for 2012. The National ICT Month ran from September 7 to October 11, 2012 and saw a myriad of activities to cater for every segment of society. The awards was officiated by MOSTI Minister Yang Berhormat Datuk Seri Panglima Dr. Maximus Johnity Ongkili and also marked the closing of the National ICT Month.
Note: Congrats to all winners. – Moses.
[ad#Google Adsense 336×280]