KUALA LUMPUR, 13 December – The highly-anticipated gadget is here to rock your Christmas! Introducing the ASUS Padfone 2 that will be available in stores starting today. Like its innovative predecessor, this hybrid-dockable Android smartphone and tablet is all about supreme mobile flexibility. Moreover, Padfone 2 comes with a deadly fast 1.5Ghz Snapdragon S4 quad-core processor, is LTE- ready, and with a whole new refreshing design!
The new, much improved PadFone 2 is also much lighter than its predecessor, weighing in at 135g for the PadFone 2 and 514g for the PadFone 2 Station.
The pleasant surprise is the substantial upgrade to the battery capacity – Padfone 2 comes with a generous 2140 mAh Lithium battery that lasts up to 16 hours of 3G talk time and 13 hours of hot Wi-Fi web browsing. How can we forget about the Station? It comes bundled with an astounding 5,000 mAh battery giving it 36 hours 3G talk-time. In other words, the Station’s battery can also recharge the Padfone 2 fully for three times.
With the combination of the PadFone 2 Station, standby time is an astounding 6 weeks. Live wire? Yes.
Now, let us not waste time. Here’s the impressive spec list of this beauty. Enjoy, dear tech-enthusiasts!
Padfone 2 Specifications:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (8604 + 9215m) quad-core Coretex A15 class (1.5Ghz) with Adreno 320 graphics.
- Storage: 32 GM eMMC Flash/2GB LPDDR2 RAM
- Color: Black/White (Available on Jan 2012 onwards)
- Dimension: 137.9 x 69x 9mm
- Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-FI- with Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 & Near Field Communication (NFC- Mobile Payment Function is optional and sent by request only.)
- GPS: AGP & GLONASS
- Display: 4.7″ (1280 x 720) 312 ppi, Super IPS + (550nits), Scratch-resistant Corning Fit Glass with HCLR film (anti-fingerprint coating)
- Main Camera: 13MP Sensor Sony Camera, f/2.4 Aperture, five-element lens, auto focus with LED flash
- Front Camera: 1.2 MPudi
- Battery: 2140mAh Li-Polymer (non-removeable)
- Other G-sensor, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, gyro sensor, e-compass.
- Talk time: Up to 16 hours with 3G
- Standby time: Up to 352 hours with 3G
- Browser” HTTP/Google Browser/ Youtube browser/ Facebook/Google+
- Messaging: SMS/MMS/email/IM
Video Playback: MPEG4/ H.264/ H.263/WMV@HD 1080
Video Recording: MPEG4/H.263 @HD 1080p/60fps@720p
H.264 Video Decode @ 720p/Video Encode 1080p
Padfone 2 Station Specifications:
Display: 10.1″ (1280 x800) WGA, 149ppi
IPS with capacitive multi-touch
Scratch-resistant Corning Fit Glass With HCLR Film (anti-fingerprint
Battery: 19Wh (5000mAh)
Connectivity: 3.5mm audio jack via Padfone 2, ASUS 13-pin dock connector (Micro-USB 2.0 Host)
External phone antenna: Wi-Fi & BT, GSM, WCDMA & LTE receiver diversify
Audio: High-Quality speaker with ASUS SonicMaster technology
Another thing to note, the Padfone 2 is expected to receive a Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update next week. And no telco tie-ups.
Drooling yet? Padfone 2 will be priced at RM2,799, with the PadFone Station included. Comes in both black and white and a massive 32GB storage to start (no plans to bring in the 64GB version yet). Not convinced? Stay tuned for a full review at vernonchan.com soon.
Show Comments (3)
Comments are closed.