- Punchy engine performance
- Premium cabin
- DSG still rocks my boat
- Comfortable cruiser
- Great fuel efficiency
- Impressive safety kit
- Huge boot space
- Good price
- Five years’ free maintenance
- Five-year warranty with unlimited mileage
- Conservative, underwhelming exterior styling
- Flat seats, seating position a little too high
- Less kit than competitors
- Slightly laggy throttle at start-stop
- Slight jerkiness with DSG at low gear
Pricing and availability
Available in four colours: Deep Black, Icelandic Grey, Night Blue, Reflex Silver, the 2014 Passat 1.8 TSI is priced at RM169,888.00 (exc. registration and inspection fees, road tax, nunber plate and insurance). It comes with 5 years’ free maintenance and a 5-year warranty with unlimited mileage.
More photos of the 2014 VW Passat on Flickr.com
It may not have the sportiness of a Mazda 6 or the kit of a Honda Accord, Nissan Teana or Toyota Camry, but the Passat holds its own in terms of refinement and overall appeal.
Performance as a whole is top notch – it drives well, delivers good fuel economy and punchy performance; and is comfortable and assuring ride.
It’s quintessentially continental in its stance and presence, matched with an attractive price tag.
Looking for a premium executive sedan? This may be it (until the new Passat comes along that is).