Research In Motion (RIM) has announced that BlackBerry® App World™ 3.0 is out of beta and available for all BlackBerry® smartphone users. RIM seems to be on a roll with new OS updates, a sexy line of new hardware and now a sleek, new BlackBerry App World 3.0 storefront.
Some new features at a glance – new storefront design, new channel categories, introduction of MyAccount to make managing account information easy, new My World features, App Social Sharing and more search options.
Learn more after the jump.
[ad#Google Adsense 336×280]
- Sleek New Design – The BlackBerry App World experience has been enhanced to help users discover the latest and greatest apps and content, starting right on the BlackBerry App World home screen where rotating spotlight banners show off all that’s new and exciting.
- New Channels – Apps, Games, and Themes now have their own channels so users can get to what they want even faster.
- Introduction of My Account – My Account makes managing BlackBerry ID and payment options easy with direct access to all account information from the home screen.
- New My World Features – My World gives users a streamlined view of their apps and status, and now at a glance, in addition to seeing which apps are installed and uninstalled, users can manage subscription content and services. When new updates or subscription renewals are available for apps, users will be notified using push technology.
- App Social Sharing – when a user finds an app they can’t live without, they can share it directly from the app details screen through BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger), Facebook®, Twitter™, email and SMS
- Evolved App Details Screen – At a glance, users can get a quick summary, check out reviews and star ratings, take a look at screen shots, and more
- More Search Options – Quickly find apps with a Search Bar now appearing on the storefront home screen and search results are presented across Channels as well as My World. Search Bars are also within each Channel and users have the ability to filter by App Name, Price, Rating, Newest, Best Match, or Popular
BlackBerry App World is free and works on BlackBerry smartphones running the BlackBerry® 5 OS (Device Software) or higher. For more information or to download immediately, please visit: http://www.blackberry.com.my/AppWorld