Neo Tamarind buzzed with bloggers, media and special guests yesterday at the launch of Malaysia Airlines MASTraveller campaign and MHbuddy, last night. We were treated with performances by a tabla artiste, a haka war dance by Malaysian Haka Association, pseudo-bellydancing by Bootilicious, finger-licking food, sumo wrestling and plenty of camwhoring, chatter and fun. The event was hosted by yummilicous Jojo Struys.
More pictures in the album below:
So what’s MASTraveller?
In a nutshell, it’s a blogger engagement program that rewards bloggers with all-expense paid holidays to exotic destinations.
How does it work?
Nothing too complicated, all you need to do is:
- Register as a MASTraveller.
- Share your travel blog/post, doesn’t matter if it’s new or old.
- Submit a 1-minute video and telling why you deserve to win.
- Promote your entry. The number of likes you receive contribute towards your overall score.
What you stand to win
Judges will be looking out for unique, quirky even humorous entries so start typing and potentially win:
- All-expense paid trips to Paris, Auckland, Tokyo, Seoul and more!
- Your travel blog will also be featured on your own customized page on Yahoo! Travel Malaysia.
- Blogger training session with Yahoo! South East Asia.
Is Simon Cowell gonna be there? Well, no (and thankfully so). The judges include:
- Raja Zamilia, Executive Vice President, Communications Malaysia Airlines.
- Farzleen Fadzil Khan, Editorial Team Advisor for Going Places, Malaysia Airlines In-Flight Magazine.
- Karen Vera, Regional Editor for Custom Sites, Yahoo! Southeast Asia.
- Yuna Zarai, Singer/Songwriter.
And what’s MHbuddy?
MHbuddy is a pretty innovative Facebook app that makes it easier to book, check you travel itinerary, book and share you travels! Some of the features include:
- Book Flights – over 100 destinations, directly on Facebook
- Retrieve and review your travel itinerary
- Check-in – checkin and get boarding pass without leaving Facebook
- Get2Gether – find out where your friends are & select you seat next to them!
- Hook Up – find friends living in the city you are headed to. Let them know you’re coming!
- Shout Out – share your travel itinerary with your friends, make them your MHbuddy
Watch the MHbuddy video: