At the Asia-Pacific Outsourcing Summit 2013 (APOS), Iskandar, Johor, MSC Cyberport Sdn Bhd announced the development plan for Phase One of MSC Cyberport City in Kulaikaya, located within Zone E of Iskandar Malaysia. The 35-acre Phase One has an initial gross development value (GDV) of RM626 million.
Phase One of Zone E will include the development of:
- a 125,000 square feet MSC Cyberport Digital Centre – the icon of MSC Cyberport City;
- 89 Cyber Enterprise Complexes that cater for companies that require customised offices and data centre buildings;
- 400 units of Small Office Cyber Office (SOCO) that caters for living and startups and small e-commerce companies;
- 364,000 square feet Cyberpark catering to data centres and purpose-built buildings for outsourcing companies and
- a Lifestyle and Incubation Centre
MSC Cyberport City, just half an hour away from neighbouring Singapore and a three-hour drive from Kuala Lumpur, is planned to be the ICT flagship of Iskandar Malaysia and is a state-of-the-art MSC Malaysia development.
Its close proximity to the highly-popular Johor Premium Outlets and Malaysian University of Technology (UTM) which develops and supplies talent and knowledge workers every year.
The high-tech city is designed from ground up to have cutting-edge ICT infrastructure, and developed with the adoption of the Lifestyle Health and Sustainability (LOHAS) concept to make it conducive for knowledge works to reside and work.
Speaking at the Gala Dinner of APOS 2013, Ganesh Kumar Bangah, Chief Executive Officer of MSC Cyberport Johor, said, “MSC Cyberport City is targeted to attract local and international ICT companies and outsourcing companies that want to locate in Iskandar Malaysia. The MSC Cyberport City will be developed with all the key components required for such companies to thrive, including the infrastructure, talent and facilities required by these industries.”
The APOS 2013 Gala Dinner and announcement was officiated by Y.B. Datuk Ir. Hj Hasni bin Hj Mohammad, Executive Committee Chairman of Public Works, Rural and Regional Development for the Johor State on behalf of the Chief Minister of Johor.
MSC Cyberport is a MSC Malaysia status development, spearheaded by the Johor State Government to create a global ICT business hub with world-class living environment for both local and international ICT companies.
Latest posts by Vernon Chan (see all)
- Samsung GALAXY Alpha lands in Malaysia on 19 September - September 19, 2014
- Lenovo launches ThinkStation P300 entry-level workstation - September 18, 2014
- iOS 8 is now available – give your device some new tricks - September 18, 2014