Yes, Malaysia’s top dog 4G wireless broadband with voice provider, has released a Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) to its 4G smartphone – the Eclipse. The Eclipse, the world’s smartest 4G smartphone, was launched in May.[ad#Google Adsense 336×280]
The 41MB firmware update (version 2660.030A01) includes enhancements to battery life, improved device performance and better camera image quality. The update requires 166MB of available storage space.
To update your Yes Eclipse, all you have to do is follow the instruction as illustrated below:
- Go to Settings, scroll down
- Select About Yes Eclipse
- Select the System Update
- Press the “Check Now” button
- Your Yes Eclipse will check for available updates
- Your Yes Eclipse will then show the update information for the latest Firmware version
- Press “OK” to continue with the update
- Your Yes Eclipse will now download the latest firmware
- You can continue to operate your Yes Eclipse while downloading the new firmware
- Pressing “Hide” – will hide the download screen. You can find hidden screen at the notification bar
- Your Yes Eclipse will display a confirmation screen after the download process has been completed
- Press “Install Now” to continue with the system upgrade process
Your Yes Eclipse will now go into system admin mode and the whole update process will take another 7-10 minutes.
Your Yes Eclipse will reboot after it has completed the system update process.
The update will not affect your user content or settings. Please ensure your Yes Eclipse is connected to a power source or is fully charged. This update is free of charge. However, to avoid potential data charges, ensure your Yes Eclipse is connected to Yes 4G network.
Also, ensure that your SD card inserted has a minimum of 600MB of free space. Please perform a backup before proceeding with the update.
We’re waiting to get our Eclipse updated. Will report soon.