While Blackberry may have admitted defeat in the consumer sector, RIM’s BlackBerry 7 OS has been voted the most compatible mobile OS for enterprise use, according to new research from Trend Micro underlining RIM’s leadership position in the enterprise-grade and business sector.
The BlackBerry 7 scored highly in the fields of application security, authentication, device wipe, device firewall and virtualisation. Researchers from Altimeter Group, Bloor Research and Trend Micro found that the corporate-grade security and manageability of the platform makes it the ultimate mobile solution for businesses.
[quote]Speaking of RIM’s achievements, Annamalai Muthu, Country Director for RIM Malaysia & Brunei, said,“Our heritage lies in delivering enterprise-grade mobile computing. Recent innovations such as BlackBerry Mobile Fusion and BlackBerry Balance, reinforce our strength and expertise in the business market, helping us build on our leadership position in meeting the mobile communications and security requirements of public and private sector organisations of all sizes.”[/quote]
Some facts about BlackBerry for Business:
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution was the first mobile platform to achieve Common Criteria Certification, setting an industry-leading benchmark
- BlackBerry smartphones have been awarded multiple FIPS 140 validations (Federal Information Processing Standard) in the USA and Canada for its embedded encryption technology. The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution is the only smartphone solution to have been formally evaluated by CESG (the National Technical Authority for Information Assurance which advises UK Government) and approved to protect material classified up to and including RESTRICTED
- The BlackBerry PlayBook is the first FIPS certified tablet for deployment within U.S. federal government agencies, as well as the first tablet to be certified for use by the Defence Signals Directorate (DSD) of the Australian Government.
Latest posts by vernieman (see all)
- ASUS Malaysia Unleashes RoG G Series G750JX Gaming Notebook - June 18, 2013
- United Nations Launches Official WeChat Account - June 18, 2013
- ASUS RoG Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard Reigns Supreme at Computex Taipei 2013 - June 18, 2013