HP‘s recent “reboot” back into the PC business also marks its maiden foray into the ultrabook market, a category quickly becoming crowded with offerings from other manufacturers like Acer, ASUS, Lenovo and Toshiba. The world’s No.1 PC manufacturer bounces back with the HP Folio13 – an ultra slim, ultra thin 13.3″ ultrabook featuring the latest Intel Core processorswith battery life of up to an incredible 9 hours.
The HP Folio13 measures less than 18mm thin and weighs a scant 1.5kg. Powered by Intel‘s Core i5-2467M processor, 4GB of RAM and 128GB solid state drive (SSD), is as much as a performer as it is a looker. It also includes a generous array of ports including Ethernet, HDMI, USB 3.0 and memory card reader. The 13.3″ high definition Brightview display supports resolutions of up to 1366 x 768.
Intel Rapid Start technology gets the system up and running fast although HP did not specify any numbers. Just as you’d expect the goodies to end, HP also throws in a backlit-keyboard to help users work in low-light areas.
The HP Folio13 is expected to be available from mid-December with an affordable starting price of RM 3,299.
[spoiler title="Show Official Press Release"]
HP Folio13 – HP’s First Ultrabook™, Offering Industry’s Best Battery Life
The HP Folio13 delivers up to 9.0 hours (1) of battery life, the highest performance available among Ultrabook™ devices currently on the market. With battery life to get you through the workday, users are no longer saddled with carrying power adapters to charge their notebook PC. A wide array of ports, including Ethernet, eliminates the need to carry cumbersome dongles.
Measuring less than 0.75-inch thin(2) and utilizing an ultra slim 13.3-inch diagonal high-definition (HD)(3) BrightView display, the Folio13 weighs just 1.50-kg. (4)
Powered by the latest Intel® Core™ processors(5), the HP Folio13 also includes Intel® Rapid Start Technology, which gets your system up and running fast to help you save time.
The HP Folio13 includes a backlit keyboard for mobile users who work in low-light conditions. A full array of ports, including RJ-45 and USB 3.0, allows users greater flexibility to connect to the information they need. The HP Folio13 also includes a solid-state drive (SSD) with 128 GB(6) of storage for fast response times and increased reliability.
The HP Folio13 is expected to be available from mid-December with a starting price of RM 3,299 (7).
- Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at Mobile Mark07 battery benchmark: http://www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007.
- Measured at thinnest point.
- HD content required to view HD images.
- Weight will vary depending on configuration.
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations.
- For SSD drive, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
- Estimated Malaysian street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Latest posts by vernieman (see all)
- WD Partners SanDisk To Create Solid State Hybrid Drives - June 15, 2013
- ASUS Introduces the ASUS U38DT Ultraportable Notebook for Business - June 15, 2013
- Logitech Renews Commitment to PC Gaming, Introduces New Lineup of Input Devices - June 15, 2013