Apple‘s software team has been busy of late releasing updates for Tiger (both Intel and PPC versions) – Mac OS X 10.4.8, Tiger Server 10.4.8, Aperture 1.05, and host of Security updates for Clients and Servers.
The 10.4.8 Update is recommended for all users and includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following applications and technologies:
– connecting to wireless networks using the EAP-FAST protocol
– Apple USB modem reliability
– using OpenType fonts in Microsoft Word
– compatibility with 3rd party USB hubs
– scanner performance
– RAW camera support
– printing documents with Asian language names
– performance of the Translation widget
– broadband network performance
– security updates
Mac OS X 10.4.8 Update (PPC) SHA1 Digest:
For detailed information on SHA 1 Digest, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n75510.
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n304200.
For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798.